martes, diciembre 22, 2009

From some far away mountains in China




(Written two days ago)
I'll just write briefly to say that today is Johannes' 30th birthday
and we are going to celebrate it by climbing a mountain and staying at
a guesthouse up there. We are in Dali, southwest China, close to the
Tibet, and right here there is a big lake and a huge wall of
mountains climbing up 4000 meters, so yes, sounds exciting!
Of course we've been in China all this time but I can't write in my
blog because it's ~#%^ but I find my ways to write. Of course
travelling in NZ and all previous destinations was a peace of cake and
this is the real adventure. So we've changed the facebook for the
phrasebook and are getting really good at gesturing. I'll write
sometime more about all we've been doing, but so that you guys get an
idea we started in Shanghai, then the mountains of Wuyishan, Hong
Kong, biked the amazing lanscape of Guilin , caught a cold "village
hoping" in Guizhou but saw the minorities with the traditional
costumes, and now we are in Dali heading up to Lijiang, then down to
Xishuangsbanna with the elefants and tigers and finally crossing to
Laos around the December the 28th. This was supposed to be short... anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This time I'm the first to comment!
Great to hear news, and the place you describe close to the Tibet sounds amazing...! Please keep us posted.
A big hug to both of you and some back-dunks to Johannes for hitting the 30's! NB - we WILL celebrate your advanced age when you return.
Take care!
We NEED pictures!!

2:13 p. m.  
Blogger Jessica said...

Always great to hear from you guys! Can't wait to hear all of your stories when you get back... and to see those much wanted pictures! (Starting to get a bit nagging now am I not, i say these words eeeevery time, but i mean them!) I hope Johannes had a great birthday and that you're both well. Miss you!

9:16 a. m.  
Blogger clara said...

Hi guys! Finally I got a computer and my blog isn't censured in Laos (such a controversial blog...) so I can write back!
Thank you for all the greetings for Johannes birthday, he was happy to hear from all of you and definitely we'll celebrate it, no matter what he says!!
And yeah no pictures yet, sorry, but you may get some stories from us via Carla you may not believe...well just us being us. Hugs!

3:41 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I love that you keep us posted on your adventures~Thank you for that! And, although late, please tell Johannes I send my regards on his big Three O! Excited anticipating some amazing photos...Love and Hugs, Laurie

5:09 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home