lunes, agosto 02, 2010

From Valencia's Moon (and some pix from Uppsala)












I have been thinking I have to use my blog the other way around, to communicate from Spain to my friends around the world, specially in Sweden. Hmm Valencia, it's as warm as summers get around here, some think too warm, I like it... And then of course I've been swimming until my throat hurt (it's better now). Yesterday we played ping pong with my cousin and my little (not so little now) brother, the kitty (which follows the ball as any other player) and my oncle's mini pig which ran scared as hell when the ball fell around her. Simple things. Showing the constellations to my mom, being surprised by how I remember them as I watch the sky. And the moon, who knows why the moon is bigger in Valencia than anywhere else. My brother tells me if I want to go to a concert, I say sure, when is it, it starts at twelve, midnight! I've forgotten when the party starts in Spain, and I wonder if I became too old, or too Swedish :) I've forgotten also how the 1 euro "beer" tasted (water balance) and then comes the same question. Some friends ask if the sun really doesn't go down in Sweden in the summer, and how did I learn that how-it-sounds language (although I didn't get the "is the country to the right or left" question).I realize how different are both places when they say that they can´t imagine the cold, in a city where the average temperature is about 17 degrees, they wonder how it feels under 0. Very cold I would say. The Sweds will just say it depends on the jacket. Anyway, in Uppsala doesn't get so much under 0 (I hope). And the summers are just beautiful, which I prove with some pictures (you can see some images from Uppland, the flowers Lilac and a parking fail).