sábado, septiembre 15, 2007

Kräftskiva, an anthropologic approach


In Sweden, as far as I know, they have two big parties, for the spring Valborg and Kräftskiva for the autumn. In the first one they celebrate the return of the sun, in the second one I don't know... but they eat "kräftor" which I are like big red shrimps (that also have a name in english that I don't remember) and sing swedish songs. I already showed here, with an anthropologic approach, pictures from Valborg. But the Kräftskiva was very fun because we were with many friends and they started trying to eat the "kräftor" which, not matter what Johannes says, are very difficult to open! So pieces of them started hitting some of the attendees, which made the situation more social. With the big effort for peeling the insects, not compensated by the energy that each one provides, people started drinking "snaps", schnapps in english, en español chupitos? I will clarify this point, one friend of my father says that mediterranean or more southern countries use to drink wine and nordic countries have a more barbaric drinks which are distilled. As a result, everybody was happy, playing with the cute "kräftor", making them dance and singing (well at the end some could not but..) And...I don't remember anything else... Just kidding, I never get drunk (any bet?) must be the russian heritage.

Etiquetas: