jueves, enero 03, 2008

The new year

I crossed into the new year in the most natural manner. I needed to go to Valencia, to hear the waves. The Mediterranean sea was just a bit wilder than in the summer but the sun stayed, so much light... it´s amazing how it wakes you up, how it makes you glad. It's also amazing that when I lived there I didn't think about it. I don't write this with melancholy but with real amusement. My friend Pili thought that in Valencia was cold. Sometimes I wonder how much a perspective can change.
I can see this year I met some good friends, others here in Sweden I realized I already know for a long time, it doesn't seem so. Today it was snowing and Uppsala looked a bit strange. It is true, as I said to someone, that Uppsala already feels like home, but still when it starts snowing it looks like a magic town that does not belong to the real world. At least it looks far from the sand and the butano gas heating. Then it's kind of hard to explain about the fancy parties with orchestras and long dresses, the closest example I find in Spain being the weddings...
Another year I start between countries, the first day in Spain, the second in Sweden...A good start anyway, not even hangover, together with Johannes, and plenty of sun in my eyes. I just forgot to make some wishes, but maybe it's better that way, when you don't need to make them. .

Etiquetas: