martes, octubre 09, 2007

Leaving footprints


List of weird thing I got stolen in Sweden:
-My white towel,today in the swimming pool, well it was actually Johannes'(sorry honey..)
-Anna Karenina, the book, which was translated to spanish, I agreed that Borges was a good reason to learn spanish but Anna Karenina? One could maybe reason that anyway russian it's harder to read
List of things I forgot around the world
-My backpack, every week when I was in school in Valencia, and then a bit less frequently when I was in the University in Madrid
-My passport, I made a new one and then I found the old (at least I lost it in Spain, well Johannes did loose his passport in Spain TOO)
-A handkerchief in Italy
-A ring in Turkey (probably it wasn't worth more than 1 euro but anyway...)
-My mobile phone in my University, and I got it back!
-My motorbike, well I didn't really loose it! I just forgot it in town and then the next morning I went crazy when it wasn't in the garage. But this is a family custom, Andres went to his University by car and return by train and my dad used to do similar things (plus loosing not only his but all the passports of the people when he was leading a tourist group)
-About loosing I lost myself and my family many times in our excursions, but let's keep it in forgetting, because I could say maany more things about that
-My wallet in Italy, it fell silently but Monica saw it and pick it up
-Umbrellas, ufff (all)
-Coats...but I got them back
-The cameras I got them stolen! Internationally too
-A book of poems in English, maybe Yeats, I forgot it in one of the busiest train stations in Madrid, Chamartin, I came back three hours later and it was still there!
Well I'm not that surprised but it was a relief because it belong to the library and by that time I believed that they could cut off my head if I didn't return a book.
And well, many more things but if I had the memory for remembering them all I would probably not have forgotten them in the first place!
So, Pablo, don't worry, it's the family curse, just try to keep in mind, now that you are getting the driving license, where you park the car (and that you took the car).

I think everybody knows this picture, in Guatemala with Johannes

Etiquetas: ,